Saturday 2 March 2013

Beauty Staple: Bio-oil Review

...Lumen de Lumine...

When you first think of Bio-oil you can be forgiven for thinking its usage is for pregnant women who are using it religiously to avoid stretch marks or saggy skin. However the likes of Kim Kardashian have hyped its magical properties, she has claimed to use it to keep those under eye wrinkles at bay. It is mostly used to treat stretch marks, dehydrated skin, ageing skin, and even skin tone.

Your skin is the largest organ that you have, so naturally I try to aid my skin to keep it healthy and youthful.  I have used Bio-oil as part of my daily skin care regime for some time. I apply it every other night on cleansed skin as a deeply nourishing night mask, especially during those cold winter months when my skin needs that extra umph (it seems like most days here, with the cold UK climate my skin is left with needing a lot of TLC)!

I was a bit apprehensive at first to use some form of oil on my face, as I have oily/combination skin (not the best of friends). I found by applying it before bed was the best way for it to work up its magic whilst I blissfully feel asleep with a bit of a shiny face! Remember a little goes a long way; you only need a few drops of the orangey oil, massage it gently into your skin using the tips of your fingertips until it is absorbed by your skin.  

Bio-oil contains PurCellin Oil which claims to help penetrate deep into the skin and leave the skin with a breathable surface without being non-greasy or heavy. I am a bit sceptical about the non-greasy element, as I am still left with a dewy look after I have massaged it keenly into my skin…although this may be due to my pesky oily/combination skin.






Bio-oil also contains vitamins A and E, Calendula, Rosemary, Lavender and Chamomile oil. Rosemary and Chamomile oil have been known to hydrate and smoothen the skin, you can smell the undertones of Rosemary and Chamomile as you apply it, this leaves a nice aroma which can help you relax, and another reason I apply it at night to catch those Zzz’s! In the morning I am left with plumpy smooth skin with a natural glow (*hallelujah*) which is the reason that I keep my trusty Bio-oil at the forefront of my bedtime rituals!

Overall I would recommend this old loved staple to anyone who wants to maintain their youthful glow or simply use it for more of one of its targeted uses. 

It retails at Boots at £8.99 for the 60ml size, £14.99 for the 125ml, or £19.99 for the 200ml size (which is currently on a online exclusive buy one get one free offer at Boots, grab it now)!

Although quite steep for a drugstore product I would still recommend it as an invest piece, no other nightcream/mask has given me that early morning glow. My small 60ml bottle has lasted me for a few months, well worth the pounds!

Do you have any experience of Bio-oil’s multi usage properties?

...ArA...


No comments:

Post a Comment

XxX Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! Have a nice day, stay happy and hope to see you again soon! ...ArA... XxX