Friday, 19 April 2013

Keeping it Clear & Transparent: Bag Trend

...Perspicuus...

There seems to be a see-through-clear accessories trend running from clear stilettos to our handbags and clutches, the likes of Valentiono  and Burberry  fully embracing this trend in their summer 2013 catwalks.

I must admit I did not immediately fall-head-over-heels in love with it; the idea of a perspex handbag repulsed me slightly; can you imagine showing all passer-by’s your random bits and bobs all on display. It seems to me a bit too far-fetched and not very practical, the trend (or two second "fad") at first for me was like one of those security procedures before jetting off to a far away land.

I am still thinking that these clear bags look slightly a bit cheap and tacky, and are better left back in the 80’s when fashion was more forgiving  (Fresh Prince of Bell Air springs to mind). Nevertheless always being open-minded and experimental with fashion and styling (well I try to be at least) I gave in and went a bit crazy. I thought I would take baby steps and work with the perspex (a phrase I thought I would never say).  I can see it working perhaps on small day clutches when you need to carry minimal pointless garbage essentials, I feel that this is a fair experimental compromise for those of you who are not equally convinced as I with this latest season essential.

New Look have a great range of these transparent style handbags that are very similar to those gracing the Valentino lookbook, the best way to style these clear handbags to make them pop I feel would be with white tailored trousers/denim with a contrast shirt that will really bring out these quirky bags– take a look at some of my findings…

****

Check out these three pieces (very Valentino inspired), the White colour I feel lives up to the summer/spring colour palette that you can work with in your wardrobe – chick without being too loud or in your face, with gold detailing making it a perfect contrast piece teamed with sky high stilettos!

White Winged Transparent Bowler Bag from New Look £19.99Black Winged Transparent Bowler Bag from New Look £19.99 | Fuchsia Winged Transparent Bowler Bag  from New Look £19.99


****

These more futuristic bags are certainly for those of you who want to make a bold statement (also teams well into the neon trend), perhaps a good shopper style for those beach holiday days for storing away those flip-flops/sun creams?


Coolway Pink Thais Clear Vinyl Shopper £19.99 from New Look | Coolway Neon Yellow Thais Clear Vinyl Shopper £19.99 from New Look


****

This more conservative take on the clear/transparent trend is better suited for those of us who do not want to show all our valuables in a clear transparent handbag (*cough cough* scaredy-cat-me).     

Pink Perspex Hard Box Clutch £12.99 from New Look

****




Is this trend a hit or a miss for you guys? Or are you still unsure a bit like me? 



...ArA...








No comments:

Post a Comment

XxX Thank you for taking the time to read & comment! Have a nice day, stay happy and hope to see you again soon! ...ArA... XxX